What is Pro-Nox:
What is Pro-Nox:
● A Fixed 50% N2O (Nitrous Oxide) & 50% O2 (Oxygen) mixture mixture
● Nitrous oxide increases the release of the endorphin dopamine and other natural pain relievers in the brain
● No oral pain medications or narcotics
● Easy to administer
● Effective and safe
● Protection from infection
● Quick onset, fast relief
How to Administer:
● Self Administered by the patient during the procedure
● Empowers the patient to respond to their pain & anxiety when they need it.
● Place nozzle in mouth or mask over nose and mouth
● Take a deep breath for 2 seconds, then breathe out.
● Continue this process as needed to relieve pain and/or anxiety.
Proven effective & safe
● Used globally for decades.
● Has been used during labor and delivery
Protection from infection:
● Internal demand valve mechanism prevents contamination of the reusable components of the system
● Single-use patient circuit (mask or mouthpiece plus connecting tubing) means every patient starts with a clean piece of equipment
Short duration of effect:
● Takes effect in seconds. Immediate relief
● Clears from the body within minutes.
● There is no downtime post-procedure but we do suggest you wait 30 minutes before leaving our office.
Analgesia NOT Anesthesia:
● Analgesia: the absence of the sense of pain.
● Analgesia (from Greek an + algesis, or not feeling pain) is the absence of pain or lack of sensitivity to pain.
● Anesthesia: general or local insensibility, as to pain and other sensation, induced by certain interventions or drugs to permit the performance of surgery or other painful procedures.
● Anesthesia (from Greek a + aesthesis, or without sensitivity) is a lack of feeling or sensation.
“ I liked the ability to control my pain relief when I needed it with no needles and no narcotics. It was wonderful! I remember everything about my daughter’s birth a lot better.”
“Because it is safe for me and my baby it was great. There is a lot of pressure in society to have a natural childbirth, and I found the nitrous mixture to be the happy medium that allowed me relief when I needed it. It allowed me to be present in my delivery.” pressure in society to have a natural childbirth, and I found the nitrous mixture to be the happy medium that allowed me relief when I needed it. It allowed me to be present in my delivery.”
“Medication last time made me feel like I had a bottle of wine. For this birth, I used the Pro-Nox the entire time and it was magical. It helped me relax and enjoy the birth of my second child much better.” “ I liked the ability to control my pain relief when I needed it with no needles and no narcotics. It was wonderful! I remember everything about my daughter’s birth a lot better.”