What is Fraxel re:pair?
Fraxel treatment improves tone, texture, and radiance for aging, sun damaged or scarred the skin. Fraxel is for people who want to look younger without dramatic changes or extended downtime.
How is it different than Fraxel re:store Dual?
The Fraxel Repair is a CO2 laser, while the standard Fraxel Dual is an Erbium laser. The Fraxel re:pair usually requires only one treatment; the Fraxel DUAl may require multiple treatments. The Fraxel re:pair is a more aggressive approach of tightening and resurfacing the skin, yielding superior results in the treatment of deeper lines, wrinkles, and laxity. It actually vaporizes tissue, removing old damaged skin and allowing for new collagen formation. The downtime of the re:pair is more considerable than that of the Dual. Both Fraxel lasers are state-of-the-art devices, each with its own advantages and set of indications. We have both Fraxel re:store Dual and Fraxel re:pair. We will help you decide which option is best for you.
The FDA has cleared Fraxel to treat:
- Acne Scars
- Surgical Scars
- Photodamage: damage to the skin caused by exposure to ultraviolet radiation.
- Mild to moderate periorbital wrinkles: wrinkles around the eye.
- Hyperpigmentation: Can refer to any discoloration in the skin.
- Melasma: A form of hyperpigmentation that is most commonly seen in women. Most commonly caused by sun exposure and hormonal fluctuations.
- Actinic Keratosis: A rough, scaly patch on the skin caused by years of sun exposure.
How does it work?
Fraxel Re:pair is a laser that significantly corrects aged or damaged skin with a technology called Fractional Deep Dermal Ablation (FDDA™), a type of fractional CO2 laser resurfacing. The laser then penetrates the dermis and resurfaces the uppermost layers of the skin.
Want more information about Fraxel?
*Prices subject to change without notice.